Reflecting On Our Experience

How It Started

At the beginning of this project our whole class had a task to do. There was posters for each group of people we were going to present to, about a health topic we should educate that age group on. The age group that Froilan and I choose was children in elementary school. We felt that kids should be educated at a young age about the importance of exercise, choosing the right foods & drinks, and just being healthy in general.

Image result for kids playing

My Interest

I like how the teachers put together this interesting project that gives us a chance to use what we learned and transpire it to the real world, as to when we learn a ton of information and it never leaves laptops. A big reason I took interest in this project was because of the reason of all the rising percentages in obese children with over 1 in 3 kids being obese in the United States. What I learned throughout this experience is that many immense companies have took a stand to help promote for kids to be active and are really paying attention to this matter. The NFL has started a campaign Play 60 to encourage a healthier lifestyle and for kids to go outside and play for 60 minutes a day. They wanted to start a campaign to tackle childhood obesity and promote “The movement for an active generation”. Other big companies such as the NBA has started a campaign called NBA cares. This program promotes education, family development, health and wellness. I think the main reason these corporations are starting these movements is because it is really alarming the way kids are living a unhealthy lifestyle. I think it is great that all these companies care and are taking a stand against this pandemic to improve the quality of life for these children. That is the reason I choose this topic also.

Image result for play 60

One thought on “Reflecting On Our Experience